CBD edibles are one of the most common ways to consume CBD. Instead of having to contend with the oily quality of CBD oil, or the inherent problems associated with smoking CBD-rich cannabis, CBD edibles allow you to take your CBD dose as an enjoyable snack.
However, many CBD edibles for sale are often lacking in one important quality – taste. What’s the point of a CBD edible that doesn’t taste as good as possible?
It’s so much easier to make them yourself, at home! Everyone knows that food cooked at home is always better than anything you buy from the store, because it’s made with love.
Also, because you can add as much CBD as you want!
Here are 5 incredibly simple CBD edibles recipes that don’t require you to be a gourmet chef to make them. In this article, we will be looking at CBD recipes made using CBD-rich cannabis, so you know exactly what has gone into the extracting and cooking process.
How Do You Make Cannabutter?
Before we can take a look at the recipes, though, we need to understand the principle ingredient in edibles – cannabutter.
To make CBD edibles, you need a way to get the desired CBD into your food. Assuming you don’t want a bunch of cannabis buds in your finished product, you need to extract it somehow. For those using CBD oil in their recipes, you can likely skip this step, but cannabutter is by far the best way to get the exact flavor profile you want in your finished CBD edible.
Cannabutter is nothing more than melted butter (or any other fat you want!) that has had CBD heated within it, so as to extract it and attach it to the fats in the food.
Then, you need to decarboxylate it. This essentially just means you need to toast your cannabis buds in a hot oven for about 15 to 20 minutes, until the buds are decently cooked without being charred or burnt.
This is necessary to convert the cannabinoids in the buds to proper CBD, otherwise you risk not being able to get usable CBD in your finished product.
Next you make the cannabutter! Combine the decarboxylated CBD bud with the amount of butter you want to use (the more cannabis you use, the stronger the cannabutter will be) and an equal amount of water in a saucepan.
The water is incredibly necessary to ensure nothing burns, as butter has a nasty habit of burning when cooked for a long time.
Heat water, butter, and cannabis until the mixture is just simmering, and then keep it going for about 30 minutes. Once you’ve finished, you need to strain out the now-used cannabis buds and refrigerate the water/butter mixture.
After roughly two hours in the fridge have passed, the butter will have solidified, leaving the leftover water to pool at the bottom. Squeeze the contain you stored the mixture in and simply drain away the water!
What’s left is your cannabutter! You can now use this in a huge number of recipes, simply replacing the butter or other fats in a recipe with an equal amount (by weight) of cannabutter!
But what should you make? Let’s take a look at some recipes and make the best CBD edibles ever!
#5 Easy Cannabutter Cups
This recipe is the thing you make when you really can’t be bothered to sift flour, mix ingredients, or generally ‘cook’.
The texture of these simple cups might be slightly strange, as they are a simple and easy way to get your cannabutter in your system without having to deal with eating the butter on its own.
This recipe essentially combines your cannabutter (melted) with cocoa powder and sugar.
Mix together about 1/3 cup of cocoa powder, ½ cup of cannabutter and ¼ cup of sugar. You can also use maple syrup or even golden syrup if you’d prefer.
Mix this well enough until the sugar crystals dissolve and then put in the fridge until hardened. You can make these in handy cupcake wrappers for convenient snacking.
These have a dark, nutty taste to them that is heavily dependent on the quality of your cocoa powder, so don’t expect miracles from these; however, they’re super easy to make!
#4 CBD Pancakes
This is the perfect recipe for those looking to take their CBD edibles in the morning. After all, what better way is there to start a day than with homemade pancakes?
This recipe is a pretty standard American pancake recipe, except it uses melted cannabutter in the place of normal butter. To compensate for the somewhat noticeable taste of the cannabis, try and add extra maple syrup at the end!
Here’s what you need for enough pancakes for two hungry people:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons melted Cannabutter
Here’s what you need to do:
This recipe thankfully requires very little in the way of actual instructions. Combine all the ingredients into one big mixing bowl, being careful not to burn the egg with the melted cannabutter.
Whisk the mixture until all mixed together, but ever so slightly still lumpy – you don’t want to over-mix this!
After that, heat up your pan with a little bit of vegetable oil (or even just more cannabutter!) and let your mixture sit for 10 minutes.
Pour ¼ of a cup of batter into the frying pan, as many times as your frying pan will fit, and cook until the edges firm up and you begin to see little bubbles in the center.
Then, flip! Cook for a further 30 seconds or so until done, and then enjoy!
#3 CBD Space Cakes
Space cakes are the mainstay of all cannabis cooking – if you want to buy an edible, it’s more than likely to be a space cake.
Space cakes are basically a simple cake batter with cannabis-infused butter. Their simplicity allows the flavor of the cannabinoids to come through over any other flavor, like chocolate or vanilla.
To make this simple recipe, here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of white sugar (substitute with ¼ cup close packed light brown sugar & ½ cup white sugar for more developed flavor!)
- ¾ cannabutter
Making this recipe honestly couldn’t be simpler. Preheat your oven to 375˚F. Simply mix together the butter, eggs and sugar until a smooth mixture forms, then add the milk and stir again. Finally, sift in the flour and fold it in using a spatula until you can’t see any more flour.
Bake it in a 8 x 8 cake pan at 375˚F until the cake is completely set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. It should take around 25 minutes.
Simply slice the cake and enjoy! One large slice should be enough for your daily CBD needs, depending on your CBD dosage and the amount you used in making the cannabutter.
However, if you’re after something with a more chocolatey flavor…
Cannabis brownies are practically synonymous with cannabis culture – you can’t say you’ve ever had weed edibles unless you’ve had a brownie!
Brownies are a really simple recipe to make, as it’s basically just a lot of chocolate, eggs and flour all cooked until gooey.
Here’s what you need:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cannabutter
- 1 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
Here are the instructions:
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Mix together the cannabutter and sugar until well blended.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and then whisk to combine.
- Add half the flour and all the cocoa powder, and then mix together with a wooden spoon.
- Add the other half of the flour and mix until completely smooth and no flour lumps remain.
- Bake at 350˚F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick or knife inserted into the center comes out dry.
- However, if you prefer your brownies more gooey, undercook them a little! You can check their doneness by gently shaking the pan – if they slightly shake in the center but all the outside of set, then you’re done!
Cannabis cookies are one of the oldest recipes in any cannabis cook’s repertoire. Everyone loves cookies, whether they be oatmeal, chocolate chip, or even raisin.
The key is the find the right balance between different sugar types; too much white sugar and the cookie tastes saccharine and too flat, whereas too much brown sugar and you get a darker, more intense flavor than feels overpowering.
The choice of filling is important as well – you can either use cut rolled oats, or chocolate chips. Be warned though, the oats will result in you feeling extremely full after just a couple of cookies!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened cannabutter
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar (this ratio of 2:1 white : brown sugar is what gives it this great taste!)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Filling of choice: Either 1 cup of chocolate chips or 1.5 cups of rolled oats. If you prefer chocolate chips, consider mixing up the types of chocolate – use equal parts white, milk and dark chocolate for a complex, nuanced flavor!
And here’s how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
- Mix the cannabutter and the sugars together until completely blended.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract, and then whisk to combine.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl, and then add the dry ingredients to the wet.
- Mix it all together with a wooden spoon until it just starts to come together and you can still see quite a bit of flour. Once you’re at this point, add your filling and resume mixing until just combined; you don’t want to develop bread gluten!
- Bake at 375˚ for 10 to 12 minutes!
- How to Tell if CBD is Good [Simple Tips and Techniques]
- 5 Incredibly Simple CBD Edibles Recipes [For the AVERAGE Cook!]
- 5 Reasons Why CBD Oil is Not Working For You
- How Can CBD Help You Up Your Game?
- What Epidiolex is, and How to Get it
- The 5 Best CBD Creams for Arthritis and Joint Pain
- How Long Does CBD Last? [A Timeline of Your System]
- When to Integrate CBD into Your Sex Life
- CBD-Infused Tea and Coffee: Revelation… or Total Gimmick?
- Are CBD Pills Better than CBD Oil? [Understanding the FACTS]
- Is CBD Safe to Take with Prescription Drugs?
- 10 Best CBD Oil UK Tinctures [2018-2019 Update]
- Does the Digestive System Decrease the Effects of CBD Oil? [Answered]
- CBD-Infused Beer: The Biggest Thing to Ever Hit the Adult Beverage Market?
- CBD Oil and Coconut Oil: A Perfect Molecular Matchup?
- The 5 Best CBD Capsules for 2018 [Ranked by Potency]
- The History of Cannabidiol: A Chronological Timeline of CBD-Related Events
- Is CBD Oil Dangerous? [Busting the Myths…]
- What is a Full Spectrum Oil? [Experts Answer]
- How to Mask the Taste of CBD Oil
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Fitness Routine
- Why CBD Dabbing Can Work for Pain Relief
- Will CBD Liposomes Change the Cannabis Market Forever?
- CBD Oil for Alzheimer's Disease
- Review of PureKana + 5% Discount Code
- CBD Oil for Neuropathy [The Complete Guide]
- How is CBD Oil Made? [The Complete Beginner's Guide]
- Avoid These 3 Dangers When Shopping for CBD Oil Online
- What are CBD Dabs? [All You Need to Know]
- Is CBD Safe for Kids? [Understanding the Facts…]
- CBD Oil for Dementia: Understanding the Facts
- Is CBD Coffee Any Good? [Advice From a Java Connoisseur]
- CBD Oil vs. CBD Edibles [All You Need to Know]
- CBD Water: Is This Going to Be the Next Big Thing?
- Can You Cook with CBD Oil? [Advice from a Cannabis Pro…]
- What is the Entourage Effect… And What Does it Have to Do with CBD Oil?
- CBD Oil for Weight Loss and Obesity
- Why are so many MMA and UFC fighters starting to use CBD Oil?
- 10 Top Studies on CBD for 2018 [Exploring the Science]
- What is CO2 Extraction for CBD Oil? [Understanding the Basics…]
- Is Vaping CBD Oil Safe? [Understanding the FACTS]
- Is CBD Safe? Here's What the Global Expert Committee on Drug Dependence Says…
- Charlottes Web Hemp CBD Review
- CBD for Spinal Cord Injury: Can it Regenerate Damaged Nerves?
- What are Terpenes in CBD Oil?
- Why are CBD Third-Party Lab Reports So Important?
- Green Roads CBD Review
- What's the Difference Between CBD Oil and CBD Tincture?
- 5 CBD Oil Myths That Need To Be Cleared Up
- CBD for Cystic Fibrosis [Exploring the Science]
- How Long Does CBD Take to Work?
- Full-Spectrum CBD Oil vs. CBD Isolate: What's the Difference?
- 5 Tips for Buying CBD Oil Online
- Can CBD Oil Help People with ALS?
- CBD Oil for Anorexia [Why it Can Work]
- CBD Oil for Glaucoma [Does it REALLY Work?]
- CBD Oil For Bipolar Disorder
- CBD Oil for Anti-Ageing – Truth or Myth?
- CBD Oil for Dogs (and Other Pets)
- Can CBD be helpful treatment for cerebral palsy?
- CBD Oil for Eczema [Is it Real or a Myth?]
- CBD Brothers Oil [ Complete Review ]
- CBD Oil for Addiction Recovery (Alcohol, Tobacco, Pain Meds, etc…)
- Can CBD Help with Muscle Spasms?
- CBD Oil for ADHD [Exploring the Science]
- Is CBD Oil a Helpful Treatment for Diabetes?
- CBD Oil for Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- CBD for Epilepsy and Seizures [Exploring the Science]
- The Endocannabinoid System [Explained]
- CBD Oil for Osteoporosis [What Science Says]
- CBD Oil for Sciatica [Understand How and if it Works]
- CBD Oil for PTSD [Exploring How it Works]
- CBD for Social Anxiety [Explore How it Works]
- Does CBD Oil Work as Treatment for Crohn’s Disease? [Explored]
- What is the difference between CBD and THC? [Explained]
- CBD For Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- CBD Oil for Mood Disorder
- CBD Oil for Chronic Fatigue [It Can Help]
- CBD Oil for Psoriasis
- CBD Oil for Back Pain [Here's How it Works]
- CBD Oil as Treatment for Inflammation
- CBD for Multiple Sclerosis [How it Works]
- CBD Oil for Stress [It Works]
- Diamond CBD Review: How Do They Stack Up?
- CBD Oil for Nerve Degeneration [It Works]
- "I Bought CBD for my Dog and This is What Happened…[Testimonial]"
- HempBombs CBD Oil Review [Personal Experience]
- Kat Naturals [Full Review + Coupon Code]
- Review of Lazarus Naturals
- CBD Oil Dosage [What’s Best for You]
- Medterra CBD Oil (Full Review)
- SOL CBD Review + Coupon Code (2018)
- CBD Oil for Increased Appetite
- CBD Oil Not Working For Me (Here’s Why…)
- CBD oil for nausea [Understand How it Works]
- I Bet You Had No Idea CBD Could Do These 5 Things
- CBD For Sleep Apnea
- CBD For Fibromyalgia Syndrome
- CBD’s Effects on Cholesterol Levels
- CBD for General Health [Does it Work?]
- CBD for Boosting Your Immune System Against Winter’s Viruses
- CBD Gummies [Do They REALLY Work]
- CBD Oil for Rheumatoid Arthritis [Understanding Endocannabinoids]
- How Does CBD Oil Interact with Other Medications [Guide]
- How CBD Helped Me with Anxiety [Personal Story]
- CBDistillery CBD Oil [Review + Coupon]
- CBD For Migraines [The Ultimate Relief Pill]
- Is CBD Effective For Depression? [Exploring What Works]
- CBD For Rheumatoid Arthritis [Exploring Which Oils REALLY Work]
- CBD for Insomnia [Explore Which Oils Work]
- NuLeaf Naturals (The Complete Review)
- KOI CBD (The Complete Review)
- CBD Pure Review [TESTED]
- CBD FAQ: All the ANSWERS in One Place
- CBD for Anxiety [Discover How it REALLY works]
- Elixinol CBD Review + 10% Discount Code
- CBD Essence Review + 5% Discount Code
- CBD for Pain [Exploring Which Oils Really Work]