Aura CBD is based in California and operates under the Elite California umbrella. Their products are derived from cannabis strains that have varying levels of THC and CBD. The aim of the brand is to provide a holistic experience through the use of their high-quality products including oils, balms, pastes, and edibles.
The Aura CBD brand looks to prove the “entourage effect” – a theory which proclaims that CBD is more powerful when used together with other cannabis compounds, like THC. The relationship between THC and CBD specifically, is an interesting one. This is the reason that breeders are creating new cannabis strains such as Harlequin, which includes a significant amount of both cannabinoids. It appears as though CBD has the ability to counteract the psychoactive effects of THC. This means that you can enjoy the healing effects without getting high. Aura CBD is one of the few brands that understand the importance of the entourage effect.
Who is Aura CBD?
Aura CBD falls under a well-known and respected brand based in California, Elite California. Founded five years ago by Aura Lakshmi, the brand has since become a small success. When Aura first began experimenting with the effects of CBD in 2013, she quickly discovered that it helped to treat various ailments that she had been suffering from. Aura CBD has a strong presence in the UK market with a London office, and they currently ship to residential addresses across the United Kingdom.
Elite California, the umbrella company, consists of CEO, Michael Burns, President, Inger Airheart, Head of Operations, Mazz Keegan, and Science Officer, Dave BonVillian.According to the website, Elite California is a company where action and relentless ambition collide with a passion for the cannabis industry. The company mission is to provide the best products to consumers and premium brands in both legal US and international markets.
Over the past year, Aura CBD has taken great steps to solidify their presence in the UK market, and they now offer hemp pastes, CBD skin care products, and CBD edibles, in addition to their variety of top-class CBD tinctures.
Aura CBD highlights
We could list plenty of highlights when it comes to Aura CBD but here are the ones that really stood out for us:
- Customer care: They build effective, innovative and enjoyable cannabis products with the purpose of improving people’s lives
- 100% plant-based: All of the Aura CBD products are free of both herbicides and pesticides. They seek high-quality organic plant-based ingredients to make sure that their products are free of all contaminants and chemicals and only carry high vibrational plant essences.
- Returns and refunds: If you aren’t happy with your purchase you have 30 days to return or exchange your purchase.
- Environmentally aware: All of the Aura CBD products are grown organically, and recyclable materials are used for their packaging. They believe in environmentally friendly and sustainable business that leaves the least impact on the planet.
- Informative: Since the brand message is about clean, raw consumption, they are exceptional at listing all ingredients on products to ensure that customers know exactly what they are purchasing.
- Purity: Their full-spectrum CBD hemp extract is always triple-tested through third-party lab tests for purity and strength. While the majority of CBD products on the market are about 60 – 70% pure, the Aura CBD sources are 99% pure, potent, and effective, and have a high bioavailability rate.
Aura CBD: Negative thoughts
One of the downsides of our Aura CBD review is the brand website. There’s very little information available on Aura – the website pretty much just lists all the products. There is a link to the Elite California website, but even there we couldn’t find much about Aura CBD. We like an informative and clear website, and this is certainly an aspect where Aura CBD can improve.
Another downfall is how their online shopping system works. Rather than just adding your purchase to a basket and proceeding to checkout on the site, you will be redirected to a different site, Eaze.com, to proceed with your shopping. It wouldn’t be so bad if your selected product was added to a basket on this site; however, you will have to search through a variety of other products and find your selection again in order to make a purchase. It seems like a rather roundabout way to do things.
My personal experience with Aura CBD
I used the Essential 24:1 cartridge and thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it as it worked exactly how I expected it to for my anxiety issues. I have suffered from intermittent anxiety for years, and it also affects my sleep. I have taken many pharmaceutical drugs over the years, and while some of them have worked, others haven’t. However, my main concern has always been the debilitating side effects associated with most of these medications. This is why I am so thankful for CBD.
The Aura CBD Essential 24:1 is made from pure CBD oil and sun-grown cannabis. According to the website, the ceramic core wick makes for a smooth, consistent hit every time, and I can’t argue with this. This product is great for pain relief and also has anti-anxiety, and anti-depression effects. It worked incredibly well for my anxiety and left me feeling energetic and just about stress-free every day.
After using this product, I’ve come to the conclusion that Aura CBD is one of the highest-quality CBD brands and by all accounts, one that you can really trust. I can’t speak yet for their other products but if you suffer from anxiety, give their Essential 24:1 cartridge a try.
Aura CBD: Products review
Aura CBD only has three products on offer on their homepage. All three of these products are cartridges that contain a cannabinoid-rich liquid that is used in a vaping device.
Here is more information on each of these three products:
- Ascend 1:1 – If you are looking for a somewhat psychoactive experience then Ascend 1:1 is the best product for you. It’s perfect for a feel-good high, but still lighter than a pure THC cartridge. The 1:1 blend of CBD and THC makes for a relaxing state of clarity in the mind and body. It contains 250mg of CBD and 250mg of THC, and one cartridge contains about 0.5ml of liquid. Ascend is great for treating neurological issues, fibromyalgia, severe pain, certain cancers, and it’s good for appetite stimulation.
- Glow 3:1 – With a 3:1 CBD to THC ratio, Glow will make you feel relaxed with mild psychoactive effects. As a mostly CBD cartridge, Glow provides deep relief while a touch of THC gives a gentle boost. It contains 375mg of CBD and 125mg of THC, and each cartridge contains 0.5ml of liquid. Glow is perfect for when you are looking for a little pick-me-up during your day. The medicinal uses include breast cancer, Autoimmune diseases, Crohn’s disease, and severe arthritis.
- Essential 24:1 – Perfect for feeling at ease with no psychoactive effects. With a 24:1 CBD to THC ratio, Essential contains 480mg of CBD and 20mg of THC – the percentage ratio is 2.2% to 61%. Essential is best used as part of your daily routine to feel your best self. Its medicinal uses include; Depression, Anxiety, Epilepsy, Mild Arthritis, Cerebral Palsy, Parkinson’s, Phantom Pain, and Restless Leg Syndrome.
Final thoughts on Aura
It’s refreshing to know that the Aura CBD brand is backed by a reputable company in the shape of Elite California. Although Aura CBD has only been around for five years, they have already made a name for themselves in the market. With a variety of CBD levels in each product and an option for those who are looking to experiment at the higher end of the THC scale, Aura is really on to something.
These products are ideal for both mental and physical aid and are recommended for people who are looking for relief from anxiety, depression, arthritis, and Crohn’s disease, among various other ailments.