Like every single person in the entire world, you’ve got a solid fitness routine that you keep to every day, right? (Don’t worry, most people don’t either).
Getting into a solid fitness routine is incredibly difficult in today’s world; we’ve all got so many things to do, and only so many hours to do them in. We’ve all got work, cleaning, chores, grocery shopping, cooking and, maybe a couple hours of Netflix occasionally. Trying to find time to look after ourselves on top of all this is hard.
To make it a bit easier, you could consider adding CBD to your fitness routine, helping to make you a healthier person. That’s right – CBD isn’t just limited to treating skin conditions or acting as an antioxidant, it can actually make your fitness routine a whole lot easier. Keep on reading to find out why.
What Exactly is CBD?
If you want to start incorporating any substance into your life, it’s important to know what it is and what it does to your body.
CBD belongs to a group of substances called cannabinoids, which exist within the Cannabis sativa plant. Mankind has been using cannabis for millennia, both as a home remedy and as a source of psychoactive recreation, but it turns out that the substances within cannabis have far wider-reaching effects than we originally realized.
CBD, just like THC, interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system, a regulatory system within the human body that controls a variety of functions. Different receptors within the system, (namely CB1 and CB2 receptors) help to control different bodily functions.
CBD is remarkable for its ability to interact with both of these receptors – especially CB2.
When triggered, they each create different effects within the body. The CB1 receptor is primarily located within the brain and central nervous system, so when CBD interacts with it, it encourages the release of helpful hormones like dopamine and serotonin. These releases can help deal with mental disorders like anxiety or depression.
When the CB2 receptor is triggered, it encourages the body to both increase the rate of cellular regeneration and reduce inflammation. The inflammation response is one of the principal reasons people take CBD for medicinal purposes; a healthy body might inflame an area to help protect it during an injury or infection, but certain conditions – like psoriasis or arthritis – can cause unnecessary inflammation.
CBD helps reduce these irritations, as well as encouraging healthy cells and their regrowth in order to help beat back degenerative diseases like Parkinson’s or Multiple Sclerosis.
However, how does any of this help you with exercising or working out?
How CBD Can Help Your Fitness Routine
CBD can help the body in your fitness and workout routines in a number of ways. Let’s look at the top three.
#1 – Muscle Recovery
Your workout routine is likely to be difficult and painful for your body, damaging it in the short-term in order to give it benefits in the long-term.
The entire process of building muscle works by creating a series of micro-tears along the muscle tissue (due to overexertion), and then allowing the muscles to repair themselves with longer protein strands and, thus, get bigger and stronger.
If you’ve ever worked out too hard and then tried getting out of bed the next day without sobbing in pain, you’ll understand how important muscle recovery is.
CBD helps the body recover from overexertion through its treatment of inflammation, as well as its cellular regrowth capabilities. Inflammation is generally what’s behind the pain you feel when you work out too hard – your body inflames the area because it wants you to avoid using or touching the area, providing a way to generally protect it as it heals.
While this is helpful to let you know you should avoid over-exerting your muscles, the inflammation itself can cause a huge amount of pain.
CBD interacts with the CB2 receptors to help reduce inflammation, thereby encouraging the body to calm down and stop putting you in so much pain. Additionally, the CB2 receptor promotes cell regeneration abilities, encouraging a healthier and speedier production of muscle cells in order to help rebuild the damaged protein chains.
In other words, CBD both makes the pain go away and shortens the recovery period.
#2 – Better Sleep
As much as busy high flyers might not believe it, adequate sleep is one of the most important features of a good workout routine.
If you’re interested in building a lot of muscle mass and getting stronger, sleep is where the majority of the cell regeneration and new cell growth takes place. Sleep is the body’s repair stage; it shuts down cognitive functions and lowers the activity of unnecessary parts, all so as to encourage a greater production of new cells and repairing damage done during the day.
If you don’t sleep enough, your body will never get a chance to build more muscles.
Even if you’re not interested in building tons of muscles, and instead just want to maintain good health through regular exercise, you need your sleep in order to keep your mental faculties sharp and store long-term information. Sleep is basically the most important part of your day – there’s a reason we spend one-third of our lives doing it!
CBD helps encourage good sleep through its interaction with the endocannabinoid system, and CBD also improves homeostasis in the body as well as generally relaxing the body by treating any small ailments or irritations you’re currently suffering from.
Though many people swear by THC – the psychoactive component of cannabis – as a sleep aid, THC only makes your drowsy and less alert. CBD, on the other hand, encourages peaceful and healthy sleep through relaxation and more production of melatonin.
In a study by Rodriguez et al., for example, researchers found that CBD helps you stay awake during the day by fighting off drowsiness when you need to be alert. Then, once you’re trying to get to sleep in the evening, it helps you fall into a deep, natural sleep through its diminishing effects on pain and irritations.
#3 – Heart and Vascular Health
If there’s one part of the body always monitored when working out, it’s your heart rate. Your heart health is incredibly important, and is the principal reason that many people have a fitness routine at all.
Heart disease contributes to the majority of deaths in the world, killing 17.3 million people last year alone. This means we need to be incredibly conscious of the strength of our hearts, and encourage it to remain healthy and ticking for years to come.
CBD helps encourage a healthy heart through its effects on blood pressure, as well as vascular strength. A study by Jadoon et al. found that CBD helped reduce blood pressure stress with regular intake. This was discovered to be a result of CBD’s vascular-relaxant properties, essentially making your vascular walls – the walls of the arteries and veins that carry your blood – more elastic and malleable, able to cope with changing blood pressure caused by regular exertion.
Additionally, a study by Batkai et al. found that CBD helped suppress cardiac contractility in hypertension, helping to normalize blood pressure evenly throughout the body and help fight against things like chronic high blood pressure.
This all means that CBD helps your body stay alive and in shape by reducing unnecessary stress on your heart. No one wants to spend their life working out to improve their heart strength, only to die as a result of heart failure.
What’s the Best Way to Incorporate CBD into a Fitness Routine?
CBD has many methods of consumption available to consumers, but many of them involve some form of smoking. Either through vaporization or through combustion in joints, CBD is able to be ingested in the traditional manner quite easily.
However, for those of a more health-conscious mindset, they might want to consider other methods.
You can buy CBD-infused foods, known as edibles, for example, that will provide a long-lasting and effective dosage when taken orally. If you don’t want to eat it, you can also ingest using CBD in the form of an oil or tincture, which is applied directly into the mouth or mixed in your food.
There is also the possibility of CBD liposomes, but their development is still nascent as of yet, so it’s probably best to stick to oils in the meantime.
Final Thoughts on Using CBD in Your Workout Routine
Everyone should have a fitness routine that works for them. As most “health authorities” recommend, you should try to maintain a consistent level of active exercise, getting your body sweating and increasing your heart rate. This is important not just for your looks, but for your heart health and for the long-term ability to keep your body working at peak efficiency.
However, this isn’t exactly easy. Whether it’s the trouble of trying to fit a solid hour per day’s workout in, or if it’s just because it’s really difficult to make yourself get to the gym every day, people find it hard to exercise regularly. It’s just an unfortunate fact of life.
However, CBD can help make your fitness routine a bit easier through encouraging both a healthy heart, and improved muscle recovery. Additionally, CBD encourages natural sleep so as to make sure you get the time to rest and recover from your not-so-vigorous workouts.
Not everyone wants to be a massive bodybuilder, but everyone should have some kind of routine to keep themselves healthy. Thankfully, CBD might make it a little bit easier.
- How to Tell if CBD is Good [Simple Tips and Techniques]
- 5 Incredibly Simple CBD Edibles Recipes [For the AVERAGE Cook!]
- 5 Reasons Why CBD Oil is Not Working For You
- How Can CBD Help You Up Your Game?
- What Epidiolex is, and How to Get it
- The 5 Best CBD Creams for Arthritis and Joint Pain
- How Long Does CBD Last? [A Timeline of Your System]
- When to Integrate CBD into Your Sex Life
- CBD-Infused Tea and Coffee: Revelation… or Total Gimmick?
- Are CBD Pills Better than CBD Oil? [Understanding the FACTS]
- Is CBD Safe to Take with Prescription Drugs?
- 10 Best CBD Oil UK Tinctures [2018-2019 Update]
- Does the Digestive System Decrease the Effects of CBD Oil? [Answered]
- CBD-Infused Beer: The Biggest Thing to Ever Hit the Adult Beverage Market?
- CBD Oil and Coconut Oil: A Perfect Molecular Matchup?
- The 5 Best CBD Capsules for 2018 [Ranked by Potency]
- The History of Cannabidiol: A Chronological Timeline of CBD-Related Events
- Is CBD Oil Dangerous? [Busting the Myths…]
- What is a Full Spectrum Oil? [Experts Answer]
- How to Mask the Taste of CBD Oil
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Fitness Routine
- Why CBD Dabbing Can Work for Pain Relief
- Will CBD Liposomes Change the Cannabis Market Forever?
- CBD Oil for Alzheimer's Disease
- Review of PureKana + 5% Discount Code
- CBD Oil for Neuropathy [The Complete Guide]
- How is CBD Oil Made? [The Complete Beginner's Guide]
- Avoid These 3 Dangers When Shopping for CBD Oil Online
- What are CBD Dabs? [All You Need to Know]
- Is CBD Safe for Kids? [Understanding the Facts…]
- CBD Oil for Dementia: Understanding the Facts
- Is CBD Coffee Any Good? [Advice From a Java Connoisseur]
- CBD Oil vs. CBD Edibles [All You Need to Know]
- CBD Water: Is This Going to Be the Next Big Thing?
- Can You Cook with CBD Oil? [Advice from a Cannabis Pro…]
- What is the Entourage Effect… And What Does it Have to Do with CBD Oil?
- CBD Oil for Weight Loss and Obesity
- Why are so many MMA and UFC fighters starting to use CBD Oil?
- 10 Top Studies on CBD for 2018 [Exploring the Science]
- What is CO2 Extraction for CBD Oil? [Understanding the Basics…]
- Is Vaping CBD Oil Safe? [Understanding the FACTS]
- Is CBD Safe? Here's What the Global Expert Committee on Drug Dependence Says…
- Charlottes Web Hemp CBD Review
- CBD for Spinal Cord Injury: Can it Regenerate Damaged Nerves?
- What are Terpenes in CBD Oil?
- Why are CBD Third-Party Lab Reports So Important?
- Green Roads CBD Review
- What's the Difference Between CBD Oil and CBD Tincture?
- 5 CBD Oil Myths That Need To Be Cleared Up
- CBD for Cystic Fibrosis [Exploring the Science]
- How Long Does CBD Take to Work?
- Full-Spectrum CBD Oil vs. CBD Isolate: What's the Difference?
- 5 Tips for Buying CBD Oil Online
- Can CBD Oil Help People with ALS?
- CBD Oil for Anorexia [Why it Can Work]
- CBD Oil for Glaucoma [Does it REALLY Work?]
- CBD Oil For Bipolar Disorder
- CBD Oil for Anti-Ageing – Truth or Myth?
- CBD Oil for Dogs (and Other Pets)
- Can CBD be helpful treatment for cerebral palsy?
- CBD Oil for Eczema [Is it Real or a Myth?]
- CBD Brothers Oil [ Complete Review ]
- CBD Oil for Addiction Recovery (Alcohol, Tobacco, Pain Meds, etc…)
- Can CBD Help with Muscle Spasms?
- CBD Oil for ADHD [Exploring the Science]
- Is CBD Oil a Helpful Treatment for Diabetes?
- CBD Oil for Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- CBD for Epilepsy and Seizures [Exploring the Science]
- The Endocannabinoid System [Explained]
- CBD Oil for Osteoporosis [What Science Says]
- CBD Oil for Sciatica [Understand How and if it Works]
- CBD Oil for PTSD [Exploring How it Works]
- CBD for Social Anxiety [Explore How it Works]
- Does CBD Oil Work as Treatment for Crohn’s Disease? [Explored]
- What is the difference between CBD and THC? [Explained]
- CBD For Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- CBD Oil for Mood Disorder
- CBD Oil for Chronic Fatigue [It Can Help]
- CBD Oil for Psoriasis
- CBD Oil for Back Pain [Here's How it Works]
- CBD Oil as Treatment for Inflammation
- CBD for Multiple Sclerosis [How it Works]
- CBD Oil for Stress [It Works]
- Diamond CBD Review: How Do They Stack Up?
- CBD Oil for Nerve Degeneration [It Works]
- "I Bought CBD for my Dog and This is What Happened…[Testimonial]"
- HempBombs CBD Oil Review [Personal Experience]
- Kat Naturals [Full Review + Coupon Code]
- Review of Lazarus Naturals
- CBD Oil Dosage [What’s Best for You]
- Medterra CBD Oil (Full Review)
- SOL CBD Review + Coupon Code (2018)
- CBD Oil for Increased Appetite
- CBD Oil Not Working For Me (Here’s Why…)
- CBD oil for nausea [Understand How it Works]
- I Bet You Had No Idea CBD Could Do These 5 Things
- CBD For Sleep Apnea
- CBD For Fibromyalgia Syndrome
- CBD’s Effects on Cholesterol Levels
- CBD for General Health [Does it Work?]
- CBD for Boosting Your Immune System Against Winter’s Viruses
- CBD Gummies [Do They REALLY Work]
- CBD Oil for Rheumatoid Arthritis [Understanding Endocannabinoids]
- How Does CBD Oil Interact with Other Medications [Guide]
- How CBD Helped Me with Anxiety [Personal Story]
- CBDistillery CBD Oil [Review + Coupon]
- CBD For Migraines [The Ultimate Relief Pill]
- Is CBD Effective For Depression? [Exploring What Works]
- CBD For Rheumatoid Arthritis [Exploring Which Oils REALLY Work]
- CBD for Insomnia [Explore Which Oils Work]
- NuLeaf Naturals (The Complete Review)
- KOI CBD (The Complete Review)
- CBD Pure Review [TESTED]
- CBD FAQ: All the ANSWERS in One Place
- CBD for Anxiety [Discover How it REALLY works]
- Elixinol CBD Review + 10% Discount Code
- CBD Essence Review + 5% Discount Code
- CBD for Pain [Exploring Which Oils Really Work]