We are a nation of coffee lovers; with literally tens of thousands of coffee shops across America, it is safe to say that we can’t get enough of that hot java!
But do you know what else America loves lately? Yep – you guessed it, CBD! Cannabidiol has indeed taken the U.S. by storm, with a new brand seemingly every week jumping on the bandwagon and releasing some CBD-infused product or other.
And just to clarify, we’re not complaining – we love testing out the hottest new CBD trends, and today we are talking about CBD coffee! But is combining two great things ingenious, or is it a recipe for disaster?
Find out from a java connoisseur whether you should be hot-footing it down to your local barista, or whether this is just another passing trend!
First Things First: What is CBD?
If you aren’t aware, CBD is derived from the cannabis plant. Otherwise known as cannabidiol, this compound has a reputation for bequeathing a host of potential medicinal benefits to those who consume it, making it one of the most sought-after cannabinoids in the world, even rivaling THC!
Now, first things first, let’s get the most important thing out the way – CBD won’t get you high! Despite false claims, CBD is the non–psychoactive cannabinoid found in cannabis, and unlike THC, it won’t lead to any mind-altering effects (so if that’s what you’re into, then CBD coffee may be a little disappointing!).
How Does CBD Benefit Us?
Over the years, there have been a wealth of research studies done into CBD and how it interacts with the human body. Over the past ten years especially, we have gained a profound understanding of just how effective cannabidiol can be for some people. It turns out that, while THC interacts primarily with the CB1 receptor mostly found within the brain (hence the high), CBD works alongside the body’s natural cannabinoid-producing machine, A.K.A the endocannabinoid system!
We all have an endocannabinoid system (ECS), which is a network of neurotransmitters and receptors that regulate our bodily functions and keeps everything ticking over nicely. Our endocannabinoid system works by producing endocannabinoids, which are cannabinoids that are naturally produced by the body. When consumed from plants, however, cannabinoids like CBD work with our ECS to help it deliver a higher number of endocannabinoids so that it can fight off any nasty invasions quickly and effectively.
As a result, CBD has been known to help relieve a wide range of symptoms, from pain and muscle aches to headaches, sleep issues, and appetite problems! For this reason, there has been a massive demand for the compound because not only can it potentially help with some conditions, but it is also legal – and in 2018, it is pretty easy to get your hands on!
So, CBD and Coffee: Good Idea or Not?
We spoke with a coffee aficionado and CBD enthusiast about their experience with CBD coffee to try and dig deep into the hype of the latest ‘wellness trend’ and find out whether the concoction was worth it or not.
From our chat, it was clear that to get anything from the CBD coffee experience, you first of all must enjoy caffeine! It sounds like a given, but you wouldn’t believe the number of people who try CBD coffee purely because of the CBD, simply assuming that miracles will happen. When nothing changes, the industry is faced with a wealth of bad press – so, coffee lovers only, please!
What does CBD Coffee taste like?
We wanted to know if CBD coffee tasted any different from a regular cup of Joe, and as it turns out, it really doesn’t! A cup of CBD coffee is smooth, and tastes just as you’d expect – no unpleasant cannabis or hempy CBD aftertaste, just an enjoyable brew! This is excellent news for those who have tried and tested CBD oil in the past, as despite its efficacy, some brands are pretty famous for being unpleasant tasting.
Effects of CBD Coffee
According to our coffee expert, despite not performing any fast-acting miracles CBD coffee can have a pretty immediate impact on the usual side effects of caffeine. Coffee lovers will be familiar with the jitters that so commonly accompany a nice mug of java, which can be quite unpleasant – especially if you are an anxious person to begin with!
As a popular anti-anxiety aid, CBD seems to have the potential to take away those caffeine-related feelings of anxiety, which generally present themselves in the form of increased heart rate, headaches, and sweats.
This is fantastic news for those who suffer from anxiety as it is, but do CBD and caffeine counteract each other? It is pretty widely understood that coffee is an ‘upper’, meaning that once consumed it can give you a boost of energy and focus, while on the other hand CBD is used as more of a sedative. So when combined, what are the results?
Does CBD Coffee Work as a Relaxant or a Stimulant?
Our go-to source of CBD coffee knowledge let us in on a top tip for those worried about how CBD coffee could affect them, and the key ingredient here is trial and error! While it is true that CBD and caffeine are opposites regarding their effects on the body, it is also important to remember that, by altering the dosage you can get your desired results with a little trial and error!
It has been shown that, in small doses, CBD can work as a stimulant, meaning that those who do struggle with things such as insomnia or anxiety should probably stray away from CBD coffee, or at least consult your doctor before trying it.
Overall, the opinion was overwhelmingly in favor of CBD coffee for its ability to boost focus in a way that is different from drinking regular coffee. With less of the adverse side effects associated with caffeine, it appears there is a greater ability to focus on the task at hand, making it the perfect accompaniment for work.
Tips from a Java expert for those wanting to try CBD Coffee
Our java expert ended with the following critical points; things he felt that anyone considering CBD coffee should think about before buying a cup! First of all, he said it was is essential to recognize that CBD affects everyone differently, and this is still the case when combined with caffeine. So if your best friend has CBD lattes with only positive results, consider that this may not be the same for you.
The second excellent point he made was that for those looking to indulge in CBD coffee on a regular basis, there are two important things to note. The first is that CBD coffee is not cheap, and with the average barista charging around $5 for one cup, it may be wise to pace yourself! The second point he raised is that, while it is not necessarily harmful to overdose on CBD, it is certainly recommended to spread out your doses of CBD coffee evenly throughout the day. You wouldn’t believe the number of people who drink cup after cup in the start, only to end up with terrible bouts of anxiety because at the end of the day you are still consuming caffeine, so eventually, the combination will become too much!
Final Thoughts on CBD Coffee
All in all, it was great to talk to someone who had indulged in plenty of coffee, CBD, and otherwise was able to get to the bottom of the most recent CBD hype! But what did we learn? Is CBD coffee worth a try or not?
While it is clear that CBD coffee is going to set you back a few dollars, and probably isn’t something to be regularly enjoyed – there do seem to be some clear winning factors about this newest wellness trend.
After all, it was Leivent who kicked the trend off, and he is an expert in pharmaceuticals and coffee, so it must be great, right? We would love your opinion on the matter, have you tried CBD coffee, and if so what did you think?
- How Can CBD Help You Up Your Game?
- What Epidiolex is, and How to Get it
- The 5 Best CBD Creams for Arthritis and Joint Pain
- How Long Does CBD Last? [A Timeline of Your System]
- When to Integrate CBD into Your Sex Life
- CBD-Infused Tea and Coffee: Revelation… or Total Gimmick?
- Are CBD Pills Better than CBD Oil? [Understanding the FACTS]
- Is CBD Safe to Take with Prescription Drugs?
- 10 Best CBD Oil UK Tinctures [2018-2019 Update]
- Does the Digestive System Decrease the Effects of CBD Oil? [Answered]
- CBD-Infused Beer: The Biggest Thing to Ever Hit the Adult Beverage Market?
- CBD Oil and Coconut Oil: A Perfect Molecular Matchup?
- The 5 Best CBD Capsules for 2018 [Ranked by Potency]
- The History of Cannabidiol: A Chronological Timeline of CBD-Related Events
- Is CBD Oil Dangerous? [Busting the Myths…]
- What is a Full Spectrum Oil? [Experts Answer]
- How to Mask the Taste of CBD Oil
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Fitness Routine
- Why CBD Dabbing Can Work for Pain Relief
- Will CBD Liposomes Change the Cannabis Market Forever?
- CBD Oil for Alzheimer's Disease
- Review of PureKana + 5% Discount Code
- CBD Oil for Neuropathy [The Complete Guide]
- How is CBD Oil Made? [The Complete Beginner's Guide]
- Avoid These 3 Dangers When Shopping for CBD Oil Online
- What are CBD Dabs? [All You Need to Know]
- Is CBD Safe for Kids? [Understanding the Facts…]
- CBD Oil for Dementia: Understanding the Facts
- Is CBD Coffee Any Good? [Advice From a Java Connoisseur]
- CBD Oil vs. CBD Edibles [All You Need to Know]
- CBD Water: Is This Going to Be the Next Big Thing?
- Can You Cook with CBD Oil? [Advice from a Cannabis Pro…]
- What is the Entourage Effect… And What Does it Have to Do with CBD Oil?
- CBD Oil for Weight Loss and Obesity
- Why are so many MMA and UFC fighters starting to use CBD Oil?
- 10 Top Studies on CBD for 2018 [Exploring the Science]
- What is CO2 Extraction for CBD Oil? [Understanding the Basics…]
- Is Vaping CBD Oil Safe? [Understanding the FACTS]
- Is CBD Safe? Here's What the Global Expert Committee on Drug Dependence Says…
- Charlottes Web Hemp CBD Review
- CBD for Spinal Cord Injury: Can it Regenerate Damaged Nerves?
- What are Terpenes in CBD Oil?
- Why are CBD Third-Party Lab Reports So Important?
- Green Roads CBD Review
- What's the Difference Between CBD Oil and CBD Tincture?
- 5 CBD Oil Myths That Need To Be Cleared Up
- CBD for Cystic Fibrosis [Exploring the Science]
- How Long Does CBD Take to Work?
- Full-Spectrum CBD Oil vs. CBD Isolate: What's the Difference?
- 5 Tips for Buying CBD Oil Online
- Can CBD Oil Help People with ALS?
- CBD Oil for Anorexia [Why it Can Work]
- CBD Oil for Glaucoma [Does it REALLY Work?]
- CBD Oil For Bipolar Disorder
- CBD Oil for Anti-Ageing – Truth or Myth?
- CBD Oil for Dogs (and Other Pets)
- Can CBD be helpful treatment for cerebral palsy?
- CBD Oil for Eczema [Is it Real or a Myth?]
- CBD Brothers Oil [ Complete Review ]
- CBD Oil for Addiction Recovery (Alcohol, Tobacco, Pain Meds, etc…)
- Can CBD Help with Muscle Spasms?
- CBD Oil for ADHD [Exploring the Science]
- Is CBD Oil a Helpful Treatment for Diabetes?
- CBD Oil for Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- CBD for Epilepsy and Seizures [Exploring the Science]
- The Endocannabinoid System [Explained]
- CBD Oil for Osteoporosis [What Science Says]
- CBD Oil for Sciatica [Understand How and if it Works]
- CBD Oil for PTSD [Exploring How it Works]
- CBD for Social Anxiety [Explore How it Works]
- Does CBD Oil Work as Treatment for Crohn’s Disease? [Explored]
- What is the difference between CBD and THC? [Explained]
- CBD For Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- CBD Oil for Mood Disorder
- CBD Oil for Chronic Fatigue [It Can Help]
- CBD Oil for Psoriasis
- CBD Oil for Back Pain [Here's How it Works]
- CBD Oil as Treatment for Inflammation
- CBD for Multiple Sclerosis [How it Works]
- CBD Oil for Stress [It Works]
- Diamond CBD Review: How Do They Stack Up?
- CBD Oil for Nerve Degeneration [It Works]
- "I Bought CBD for my Dog and This is What Happened…[Testimonial]"
- HempBombs CBD Oil Review [Personal Experience]
- Kat Naturals [Full Review + Coupon Code]
- Review of Lazarus Naturals
- CBD Oil Dosage [What’s Best for You]
- Medterra CBD Oil (Full Review)
- SOL CBD Review + Coupon Code (2018)
- CBD Oil for Increased Appetite
- CBD Oil Not Working For Me (Here’s Why…)
- CBD oil for nausea [Understand How it Works]
- I Bet You Had No Idea CBD Could Do These 5 Things
- CBD For Sleep Apnea
- CBD For Fibromyalgia Syndrome
- CBD’s Effects on Cholesterol Levels
- CBD for General Health [Does it Work?]
- CBD for Boosting Your Immune System Against Winter’s Viruses
- CBD Gummies [Do They REALLY Work]
- CBD Oil for Rheumatoid Arthritis [Understanding Endocannabinoids]
- How Does CBD Oil Interact with Other Medications [Guide]
- How CBD Helped Me with Anxiety [Personal Story]
- CBDistillery CBD Oil [Review + Coupon]
- CBD For Migraines [The Ultimate Relief Pill]
- Is CBD Effective For Depression? [Exploring What Works]
- CBD For Rheumatoid Arthritis [Exploring Which Oils REALLY Work]
- CBD for Insomnia [Explore Which Oils Work]
- NuLeaf Naturals (The Complete Review)
- KOI CBD (The Complete Review)
- CBD Pure Review [TESTED]
- CBD FAQ: All the ANSWERS in One Place
- CBD for Anxiety [Discover How it REALLY works]
- Elixinol CBD Review + 10% Discount Code
- CBD Essence Review + 5% Discount Code
- CBD for Pain [Exploring Which Oils Really Work]