For as long as marijuana has been around – which, let’s face it, has been a pretty long time – it has been used to relieve symptoms of pain. From chronic backache to headaches and migraines, it seems as though the cannabinoids found within cannabis have an abundance of uses.
As cannabis has become more accepted across the U.S. and the rest of the world, we have seen an influx of new and innovative products, allowing for alternative ways to medicate with the plant. One such method is CBD creams, otherwise known as topicals, which can be applied directly to the “problem area” for fast-acting and direct pain relief.
If you are one of the 350 million Americans suffering from Arthritis or one of the even higher numbers of those struggling with joint pain, stick around to find out our top five recommended CBD creams that will help relieve your symptoms with ease!
What is CBD, and How Can it Help with Arthritis and Joint Pain?
Cannabidiol, more commonly known as CBD, is the non-psychoactive compound found within marijuana and is responsible for a host of the medicinal benefits that the plant has to offer. Similarly to THC, CBD binds to cannabinoid receptors located throughout the body to aid in the relief of a multitude of symptoms from anti-inflammatory properties to offering potent pain relief.
There has been a multitude of studies which have revealed the true anti-inflammatory potential of CBD, which has led to topical products raising in popularity as a non-psychoactive way to treat muscle soreness, inflammation and arthritic pain fast.
Applying CBD in topical form to problem areas can improve joint dexterity in athletes, offer post-workout pain relief and muscle relaxant, and can help ease pain and swelling in people living with arthritis.
With that being said, the market is indeed saturated in CBD topical products all boasting to offer amazing effects, so for those who are new to the industry, it can be particularly overwhelming. Check out our top five below to see which products you should be reaching for…
#1 Pure Kana
Pure Kana is one of our favorite CBD companies, currently supplying a host of CBD products to all 50 states of America. Today we are looking at their Topical CBD Ointment, which is new and improved and one of the best on the market.
Pure Kana offer their CBD ointment in just one size at 3.4oz/600 mg CBD, which you can get your hands on for $80. This product is long-lasting, as a little goes a long way!
As with all of their products, Pure Kana’s CBD ointment uses only the best produce sourced from Kentucky, infused with rich moisturizing cream for a luxury experience every time.
The CBD in this ointment is combined with cooling, icy menthol for an extra feeling of relief, perfect for those with sports-related inflammation or arthritis. This smooth, thick ointment glides on with ease, has a pleasant menthol scent, and acts fast to reduce feelings of pain and stiffness.
With less than 0.2% THC, this is a product ideal for all ages and can be applied to external pain-points for long-lasting relief.
#2 Green Roads
Green Roads are a well-established name in the CBD industry, being the leading manufacturer and distributor for over 5,000 retail stores! Green Roads are the go-to for high quality, CBD-rich products and their CBD pain creams are of no exception!
First, let’s take a look at their CBD pain creams, which come in 150mg for $39.99 and 300mg for $69.99. Green Roads CBD pain cream offers a paraben-free formula designed to reduce symptoms of aches and pains while being super kind to the skin.
This ethical company knows how to be kind to the skin, infusing their cream with menthol for the pain and lavender oil and chamomile extract for smooth and healthy skin.
Green Roads use a tried and tested extraction method to produce this incredible cream via supercritical CO2 extraction, and the result is then winterized to remove all those unwanted and harmful substances, leaving behind only the best CBD.
Green Roads also offer a CBD Skin Relief Cream costs $49.99, featuring innovative ingredients to provide an all-natural and super soothing cream. The CBD Skin Relief Cream uses pure hemp extract oil and a host of other beneficial ingredients such as Vitamin E, grape seed oil, and other essential oils for a truly luxurious experience.
#3 Premium Jane
Los Angeles based company, Premium Jane offer a wealth of knowledge and industry expertise to bring high quality, super sourced CBD products to the market. Their CBD Topical Salve is a real one-of-a-kind product that had to make it into our top five today, with a real premium feel for an affordable price you’d be inclined to agree!
Offering just one size of the CBD Topical Salve at 600mg for $80, Premium Jane are a cut above the rest for quality, making the high price mark worth the investment! Sourced from the same 100% organic USA-grown hemp as their other CBD products, this topical is something else.
CBD infused with rich hand-selected moisturizing cream, this salve is more than just a CBD treatment, and more like a pamper routine!
With no artificial colors, flavors or animal-derived ingredients, this is undoubtedly an ethical and kind to the skin option for those with a higher budget, and full third-party lab test results can vouch for its quality.
Hempbombs are a huge American distributor offering all-things CBD, from edibles and oil to topicals and CBD for your pet! Hempbombs’ new CBD pain rub is specifically designed to target pain fast, with triple-medicating bio-coolant technology to provide fast acting effective relief to arthritic pain, back pain, joint pain, and sport-related pain.
If you have been a long-term sufferer of pain, you will know how debilitating it can be, but Hempbombs have combined cold therapy with CBD to produce a perfect soothing solution. Available in 50mg and 200mg, these Aloe Vera-infused creams are the next best thing to a medicated ice-pack!
#5 CBD Essence
With two products to look at from CBD essence today, let’s jump straight in shall we? First up is the company’s CBD Active Sports Hot Muscle Rub, which comes in 2oz / 500mg for $41.
This topical is targeted at those active in sports who may benefit from regular relief from muscle soreness. Using full-spectrum CBD oil and capsaicin, this combination makes for a hard-hitting treatment.
If you’re a hard-core athlete, then you probably experience muscle pain that comes part and parcel with exercise. CBD Essence has made a remedy with this kind to skin lotion designed with sports therapy in mind.
Second up is CBD Essence’s CBD Active Lifestyle All-Purpose Lotion, coming in 2 oz / 600mg for $41 and offering an all-round sports relief therapy designed for general aches and pains.
For overall wear and tear, this is an ideal option which can last for a long time, as a little goes a long way!
Final Thoughts: Should You Be Using CBD Topicals for Your Arthritis and Joint Pain?
Every company we’ve featured today has high-end products driven towards the relief of muscle aches, joint pain and arthritic symptoms that can be debilitating for many.
If you are looking for an alternative treatment to medication, CBD topicals are the non-psychoactive way of combating pain and stiffness with ease.
Let us know in the comments your experience with CBD topicals!
- How Can CBD Help You Up Your Game?
- What Epidiolex is, and How to Get it
- The 5 Best CBD Creams for Arthritis and Joint Pain
- How Long Does CBD Last? [A Timeline of Your System]
- When to Integrate CBD into Your Sex Life
- CBD-Infused Tea and Coffee: Revelation… or Total Gimmick?
- Are CBD Pills Better than CBD Oil? [Understanding the FACTS]
- Is CBD Safe to Take with Prescription Drugs?
- 10 Best CBD Oil UK Tinctures [2018-2019 Update]
- Does the Digestive System Decrease the Effects of CBD Oil? [Answered]
- CBD-Infused Beer: The Biggest Thing to Ever Hit the Adult Beverage Market?
- CBD Oil and Coconut Oil: A Perfect Molecular Matchup?
- The 5 Best CBD Capsules for 2018 [Ranked by Potency]
- The History of Cannabidiol: A Chronological Timeline of CBD-Related Events
- Is CBD Oil Dangerous? [Busting the Myths…]
- What is a Full Spectrum Oil? [Experts Answer]
- How to Mask the Taste of CBD Oil
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Fitness Routine
- Why CBD Dabbing Can Work for Pain Relief
- Will CBD Liposomes Change the Cannabis Market Forever?
- CBD Oil for Alzheimer's Disease
- Review of PureKana + 5% Discount Code
- CBD Oil for Neuropathy [The Complete Guide]
- How is CBD Oil Made? [The Complete Beginner's Guide]
- Avoid These 3 Dangers When Shopping for CBD Oil Online
- What are CBD Dabs? [All You Need to Know]
- Is CBD Safe for Kids? [Understanding the Facts…]
- CBD Oil for Dementia: Understanding the Facts
- Is CBD Coffee Any Good? [Advice From a Java Connoisseur]
- CBD Oil vs. CBD Edibles [All You Need to Know]
- CBD Water: Is This Going to Be the Next Big Thing?
- Can You Cook with CBD Oil? [Advice from a Cannabis Pro…]
- What is the Entourage Effect… And What Does it Have to Do with CBD Oil?
- CBD Oil for Weight Loss and Obesity
- Why are so many MMA and UFC fighters starting to use CBD Oil?
- 10 Top Studies on CBD for 2018 [Exploring the Science]
- What is CO2 Extraction for CBD Oil? [Understanding the Basics…]
- Is Vaping CBD Oil Safe? [Understanding the FACTS]
- Is CBD Safe? Here's What the Global Expert Committee on Drug Dependence Says…
- Charlottes Web Hemp CBD Review
- CBD for Spinal Cord Injury: Can it Regenerate Damaged Nerves?
- What are Terpenes in CBD Oil?
- Why are CBD Third-Party Lab Reports So Important?
- Green Roads CBD Review
- What's the Difference Between CBD Oil and CBD Tincture?
- 5 CBD Oil Myths That Need To Be Cleared Up
- CBD for Cystic Fibrosis [Exploring the Science]
- How Long Does CBD Take to Work?
- Full-Spectrum CBD Oil vs. CBD Isolate: What's the Difference?
- 5 Tips for Buying CBD Oil Online
- Can CBD Oil Help People with ALS?
- CBD Oil for Anorexia [Why it Can Work]
- CBD Oil for Glaucoma [Does it REALLY Work?]
- CBD Oil For Bipolar Disorder
- CBD Oil for Anti-Ageing – Truth or Myth?
- CBD Oil for Dogs (and Other Pets)
- Can CBD be helpful treatment for cerebral palsy?
- CBD Oil for Eczema [Is it Real or a Myth?]
- CBD Brothers Oil [ Complete Review ]
- CBD Oil for Addiction Recovery (Alcohol, Tobacco, Pain Meds, etc…)
- Can CBD Help with Muscle Spasms?
- CBD Oil for ADHD [Exploring the Science]
- Is CBD Oil a Helpful Treatment for Diabetes?
- CBD Oil for Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- CBD for Epilepsy and Seizures [Exploring the Science]
- The Endocannabinoid System [Explained]
- CBD Oil for Osteoporosis [What Science Says]
- CBD Oil for Sciatica [Understand How and if it Works]
- CBD Oil for PTSD [Exploring How it Works]
- CBD for Social Anxiety [Explore How it Works]
- Does CBD Oil Work as Treatment for Crohn’s Disease? [Explored]
- What is the difference between CBD and THC? [Explained]
- CBD For Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- CBD Oil for Mood Disorder
- CBD Oil for Chronic Fatigue [It Can Help]
- CBD Oil for Psoriasis
- CBD Oil for Back Pain [Here's How it Works]
- CBD Oil as Treatment for Inflammation
- CBD for Multiple Sclerosis [How it Works]
- CBD Oil for Stress [It Works]
- Diamond CBD Review: How Do They Stack Up?
- CBD Oil for Nerve Degeneration [It Works]
- "I Bought CBD for my Dog and This is What Happened…[Testimonial]"
- HempBombs CBD Oil Review [Personal Experience]
- Kat Naturals [Full Review + Coupon Code]
- Review of Lazarus Naturals
- CBD Oil Dosage [What’s Best for You]
- Medterra CBD Oil (Full Review)
- SOL CBD Review + Coupon Code (2018)
- CBD Oil for Increased Appetite
- CBD Oil Not Working For Me (Here’s Why…)
- CBD oil for nausea [Understand How it Works]
- I Bet You Had No Idea CBD Could Do These 5 Things
- CBD For Sleep Apnea
- CBD For Fibromyalgia Syndrome
- CBD’s Effects on Cholesterol Levels
- CBD for General Health [Does it Work?]
- CBD for Boosting Your Immune System Against Winter’s Viruses
- CBD Gummies [Do They REALLY Work]
- CBD Oil for Rheumatoid Arthritis [Understanding Endocannabinoids]
- How Does CBD Oil Interact with Other Medications [Guide]
- How CBD Helped Me with Anxiety [Personal Story]
- CBDistillery CBD Oil [Review + Coupon]
- CBD For Migraines [The Ultimate Relief Pill]
- Is CBD Effective For Depression? [Exploring What Works]
- CBD For Rheumatoid Arthritis [Exploring Which Oils REALLY Work]
- CBD for Insomnia [Explore Which Oils Work]
- NuLeaf Naturals (The Complete Review)
- KOI CBD (The Complete Review)
- CBD Pure Review [TESTED]
- CBD FAQ: All the ANSWERS in One Place
- CBD for Anxiety [Discover How it REALLY works]
- Elixinol CBD Review + 10% Discount Code
- CBD Essence Review + 5% Discount Code
- CBD for Pain [Exploring Which Oils Really Work]